26 JAN, 2017
Gandha Thailam: Joints & Ligaments
Gandha Thailam, is a traditional Ayurvedic medication that has been used for over thousands of years. It is excellent medicated oil when applied externally and taken orally improves bone mass & bone strength, improved joints and ligaments.
In Ayurveda, ‘Taila’ forms a unique category of formulations that when used as a massage therapy contributes towards maintaining the body in a state of harmony and balance. Due to the tiny particle sizes of the oil molecule, they could penetrate in the skin easily and transport these healing properties direct to the body cells. The therapy aim towards promoting youthfulness, calming the nervous system, lubricating the joints, toning the muscles and thus enabling one to lead an active healthy life.
One of the Ayurvedic thailams, Gandha Thailam, is a traditional Ayurvedic medication that has been used for over thousands of years. It is excellent medicated oil when applied externally and taken orally improves bone mass & bone strength, improved joints and ligaments.
In Kerala, Kalarippayattu, is a martial art, regarded as the oldest and most scientific form of art practiced by worriers using the massages with Gandha Thailam. According to Ayurveda, this oil when applied on the body helps strengthen the body, avoids fatigue, lethargy, energized the body and mind, keeps one active and alert
- Gandha Tailam is an exceptional restorative for fracture care and a good nutritional supplement in ligament injuries
- Daily 2-10 drops of gandha tailam with milk helps in fast recovery from fractures. It prevents further bone damage and degeneration
- For easy oral administration Kerala Ayurveda`s Gandha thailam capsules are also available
- If your bone mineral density is low, intake of Gandha tailam capsules with milk and external application of oil helps in improving your bone mass and strength
Traditional Method of Manufacture
- Preparation of Gandha tailam is very unique.
- Major ingredient is Sesame oil. High quality Sesame seeds are tied into a cloth bundle allowed to stay in flowing water for a day.
- It is then soaked in milk and decoction of Licorice root – (Glycyrrhiza glabra) daily and dried in shade and continued for seven days.
- Finally mixed with fine powder of herbs, to which milk and oil is added.
- It is always advised to follow diet regimen (pathya) prescribed by the phyisican when this sacred oil is consumed
2 capsules , twice daily with milk/ warm water/ Marma kashayam/ Dhanwantaram kashayam.
- Fast healing of fractured bones and ligament injuries
- Heals knee joint injuries
- Reduces the risk of bone degenerate in ageing
- Strengthens bones, joints and cartilage
- Brings flexibility to joints
- Advised in joint dislocation and post fracture complication
- Relieves recurrent shoulder dislocation
- Early intake prevents osteoporosis
Strengthen your core. Buy Gandha Thailam Capsule now.